Is your husband/SO scared of you?

Recently I've been told by my husbands friends that he is afraid of me. When I asked him he admitted he was a little. I asked him what that meant and he just said "I just never know how you're going to react". I admit in the past that I've probably overreacted a bit..or maybe a lot...but I don't think I'm psycho or have any reason for him to fear me! I mean I've never completely flipped out, or gotten into a fit of crazy rage or anything like that. I'm a little hurt lol. He said he just doesn't like to disappoint or upset me and he's scared of doing that sometimes. I guess that's nice and all, but how would you feel if you were told your man was scared of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• alot of times men say they are scared of you but not in the way we'd be scared of them, not that he's scared ur gonna hurt him but more like leave him if he messes up, thats my opinion anyway
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• yeah that's what I meant! He's twice my size he could take me down in a flash if I ever tried to beat him up LOL.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Id be upset. I mean, his friends know!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Like he was joking lol.
    My husband could man handle me no matter what I was doing or the situation. My husband is fearless of getting hurt so even if I had a weapon he would still try.
    Just try and be consistant when you react to things. If it bothers you a lot take a moment alone in your room or something and rationalize. Its hard for all women to be complacent all of the time and we truly do let our emotions run our actions. Find ways to try and avoid that hon. I know its hard, but BECAUSE your a woman, means you're strong enough to do it!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• He's felt intimidated by me before but scared I don't think so.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:39 PM on May. 5, 2011

• most men can't stand it when woman go off or get that certain I'm pissed tone!!! or even cry it makes them uncomfortable and alot of woman get mad real easy... the fact that his friends decided to share some thing that he prob told them in confidence would bother me I surely don't want my bff tell my DH something I said about him while i was upset or pissed... I'd prob watch out for those type of "friend's" they may just be trying to start trouble.

traren

Answer by traren at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It sounds like your husbands friends may be trying to make you mad and start shit between you and your husband. My husband is admittedly a little afraid of me, especially since I got pregnant. Its good that you know hes afraid of you now, because then you can watch yourself, and try to be more understanding of certain things. I have to be careful with my tone of voice sometimes because I can sound really harsh without really meaning to be harsh at all, and it hurts my husbands feelings. Hes a softy, but I love him. Sometimes we all (women) can sound very harsh without really meaning to be harsh, when you're mad at your husband, try and keep a calm voice and explain why you're mad, it works a lot better that way. Men don't really take too well to yelling and harshness.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 11:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• same here he thinks im going to scold him and i dont wth? i love him and show him and he says he dose not want to let me down
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No, my DH isn't afraid of me.
    Holtswife24

Answer by Holtswife24 at 11:08 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I have a friend who is going through this. For the longest time he kept it in. On the outside they looked fine but sometimes things would show & behind closed doors was a different story. It's a certain kind of fear. Not the type of fear that you will kill him or knock him to his knees. The fear is of not wanting to hear anymore bull but didnt know how to tell her. She sees no wrong doing & the days go by she is showing her true colors that no one saw before. He has finally file for divorce. And NOW his friends are coming up to him saying things about her. She thinks she knows it all and right about everything. She doesn't know how to have fun and it;s all about her and her happiness before his & the kids. He has tried for years to work through it. Therapy & took her on couples retreats that she turned into vacations for her. Came back the same each time. She just didn't get it and still doesn't. He had enough and spoke up.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 11:11 PM on May. 5, 2011