At what age did u start putting your newborn/infant to bed?

I have twin boys 5 weeks old. Each night we do the last feeding around 9, saddle them nd then.lay them in the pack n play in our bedroom. We watch tv, talk, etc until about 10 and then lights out. during that time one of them is very fussy. Tonight I did lights out after the bottle and.swaddle. he went right to sleep, no fussyness. This got me thinking thay may e I should start to put them saddled in their crib in their room after the 9 pm bottle. Thoughts? Are they too young? Do u think it will help them learn day from night if it is consistent? Please give suggestions and ajar your exoerience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think birth is a great time to start a bedtime routine. Never too early. Of course, you still can't expect a perfect night's sleep for another few months!
    Anonymous

• Whatever works for your family is what's best. If you're comfortable with leaving them in their own room, and it helps them (and possibly you) get more sleep, then go for it. You can always move them back into your room later if you change your mind. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i started putting my kids to bed in there own rooms when they were only getting up once a night. i waited about a few days to make sure they were going to do it for more than once, but i start as soon as they came home from the hospital day sleeping in a seprate place than night sleeping, during the day they slept in the living room mostly in front or near a window so they could tell the day and at night in my room or there room only..... then when they got bigger and was napping they napped in the living room they only went to there bed at night, i did that til my kids were older u know when there only napping and sleeping at night, the choice is relly what u feel is comfortable, i have a cousin whos baby came home from the hospital and straight to there own room, so if u think there ready, some sleep better in there own space!! LOL!!
    carol00

Answer by carol00 at 10:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• our son is almost 5 months... We have never let him sleep in our room with us. I didn't even want to get it started, I need my alone time with my husband and I need my sleep. He gets his bath at 8pm and a bottle and goes strait to his crib... I think it works better because us talking and moving around doesn't disturb him.
    molly_beth13

Answer by molly_beth13 at 10:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Mine all slept in their own cribs in their own rooms from the first night home from the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 9:53 AM on May. 6, 2011