I feel indifferent...

mother's day is coming up and I don't really feel like saying anything to my mother. I feel like I have to say somethng out of guilty or just cause. But in my heart of hearts I don't feel it. I respect her for the hard work she did when I was an only child but once she started having my siblings she just "used and abused me".

Should I still send something cause its the right thing or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• That's up to you. My mother is getting nothing which is what she deserves.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:40 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes whether your mother relied on you or not she is your mother, she loved you and gave you life she deserves honor how would you feel if your children did that to you? You at least owe her a call to say happy mothers day, being a mom is hard and no one can be perfect at it.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I feel the same way. I'll probably just send a thoughtless text:(
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:45 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I haven't seen my mother in a year and a half. Last time I saw her she was beating the shit out of me, which she had done before, but that was the last time, and I left and never looked back. Last year I didn't say anything to her, and this year I was thinking about it, but she sent me a few nasty emails telling me that shes embarrassed of me, so thats a no from me. It really depends on how your mom used and abused you. If she relied on you to help out with your siblings, I'd say send her a nice a little card, but if she actually abused you, like my mom did, I'd say fuck it and don't do anything.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 10:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It can be hard. My mom is a selfish woman, especially with family. She expects everything from everyone and rarely gives anything, especially if it is emotional/moral support. Yet we do things for her because we are better people and it is the right thing to do. We are teaching our children that sometimes one has to put on a smile and do the right thing, even if it makes you want to start drinking 4 hours before she comes over.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i do not get along with my mother and i will not be calling or sending anything her way and she lives .5 miles away
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:03 PM on May. 5, 2011

• She did a lot. When i was small she was good (from what people tell me) and now i am a single mom with a toddler so I can see the hardwork that goes into it but right when I went into middle school she started leaning on me for everything. I didn't get a proper childhood cause she left me with the kids, after I left home they got taken away from her and she blamed me for it..I still stayed by her side and she still treated me like shit. I had my kid and she still hasn't gotten her shit straight. I feel I only owe her the love from conception to 10 years old. What kind of card qould that be?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 AM on May. 6, 2011