What does Christianity say about being an organ donor?

is it against Christianity or not a big deal or what. Because both subjects mean a lot to me.

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:40 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do unto others as u would like done to u. If u were going to die today without a kidney and one was donated to save you, how can that be wrong?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:47 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would hope that Chrsitianity would be all in favor of being an organ donor....why wouldn't they be?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Hmmm that is truly an excellent question-I have never thought of it and wouldn't even know where in the Bible to find the answer. Either way I am both because both mean a lot to me as well. Please, if you find the answer, let me know-and I will do the same for you. But it has to be be scripture for me or I don't buy it:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2011

• As a devout Christian, I dont think there is anything wrong with organ donation...
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:44 PM on May. 5, 2011

• The Bible is not specific on this matter, but it says..no greater love has one man for another that he lay down his life for a friend. Organ donations and blood transfusions are ok in my book. When my SIL needed a kidney transplant, I was going to get tested to see if I was a match. She wouldn't let me...not because of religion though. If my husband or my kids needed an organ, you better believe I'd be the first in line to get tested.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• does it really matter what religion says. stop and think for yourself. you're potentially saving lives by being an organ donor. is that important to YOU
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2011