How do i get over these feelings ?

I know I have anxiety but it is so hard to deal with sometimes - like now....

I got invited to go to a Tim Mcgraw concert ( i love him ) - for free with my aunt ( the fun aunt ) because her friend cant go .... it is on saturday night ( we would leave in afternoon and be back late at night) .... I have always wanted to go to one of his concerts ( i have never been to anything even like a concert) ...

The problem is I have extreme anxiety now since I told her I would go. i keep worrying about things like what if we get in a car accident ( late at night on a saturday night driving 2 hours home would be scary )

Also my husband will be taking our kids to my MILs for the first time by himself which is an hour away and MILs house is filthy and I always worry about my kids getting hurt when we go there ... I can already imagine my husband not watching them and one of them getting hurt.....

I want to go and i think I need to go and maybe it would help me get over this anxiety a little... I mean as soon as I get a text that they are back home I know I could enjoy myself more... but I dont know it is driving me crazy !!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You think a lot like I do.
    I think once you get out though, you will truly have a good time. This will be a good (I dont want to say test but its the only word that come to mind) test for your husband. If the kids come back in one piece (and so do you) you might be more inclined to really start enjoying things more. I went out the other night with my friends and my husband went to his friends birthday party at his house. I was so worried something horriblew would happen and since everyone was drinking it could have made it worse. But once I got to my friends I felt mich better, then found out my husband didn't drink and really was watching the kids which made me respect him a lot more. I say GO GIRLFRIEND! HAVE SOME FUN!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• have you ever seen a dr. for anxiety? maybe you should.

traren

Answer by traren at 10:55 PM on May. 5, 2011

• wow. you sound so much like me! its crazy! make sure you go! do not let your fears/anxiety stop you.. thats how i got over mine! and know that your DH is their father-- he should learn how to watch them/care for them himself! it'll be fine! you'll go- freak out and come back and realized you freaked out for nothing... you'll probably do that a few times, but the more you go somewhere, the better you'll be(at not freaking out!)
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 11:40 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I would have a talk with hubby and make sure he watches the kids as well as u do. As far as the car trip goes,maybe u could get some anti-anxiety pills for the ride.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:11 AM on May. 6, 2011