Do you sometimes avoid doing some things with your kids bc you know how they act so you don't want to deal with it?

Today we went outside and they rode their bikes then we threw the ball then they jumped into the pool I decided to draw some water full of bubbles but the bubbles did not last long so my dd was being a pain in the butt the whole time (from the time we were outside til I got both of them out) I am now enjoying my quiet time with you ladies I love my babies but...ugh! Sometimes I want to just hit the mute button...lol
Thanks...venting a little ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on May. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We all have days like that and it's good to vent.. tomorrow is a new day :)
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 10:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• The only time I dreaded something was when we drove 1250 miles to visit Grampa and Gramma ....the kids were always bored and cranky in the car . We drove the trip in two days and the ride was sooooo long and boring. Otheriwse, on a daily basis they were pretty good. But not on car rides.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Oh yes. Mostly the long drives are what I hate but with the price of gas those are going to be few and far between again. We've driven about 15 hours or so to visit family and it is truly hell. No matter the games or activities I do with them, it's misery. Other than that, sometimes a trip to the store can suck depending on the day and what we have going on and if one or both are cranky.

Hang in there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:03 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yep, I think every mom does.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:06 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Oh sure. And if I can avoid activities that overwhelm him, causing me to be over loaded too, I will also avoid it like crazy. I try not to do things I know will be a melt down situation. Why invite stress? It finds you at the most unwanted moments so avoiding it when I can is better for me and my preschooler.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I now feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that feels this way. LOL! As much as I love my son, he can be rather "testing on the patience" LOL! Always keep in mind that tomorrow's a new day & it's going to be better than the last day:)

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 3:03 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Yep just today I avoided stopping at the grocery store to get some bottled water because I knew my 6 yr old, 11 yr old and 4 yr old grandson would make a quick trip into the store a 20 minute ordeal.

Answer by gemgem at 3:07 PM on May. 7, 2011