Can i have a normal birth when the doctor says my uterus isnt growing

my doctor is concerned that my uterus isnt growing and i am not gaining enough weight i am worried that will result in having ot have a c section, this is my first pregnency and I am very scared about what to expect

josslynsmom11

Asked by josslynsmom11 at 10:54 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you eating enough? Are you overly concerned with weight gain?

Make sure to nourish yourself and your baby with a nutrient-rich diet.

Intrauterine growth restriction is serious and can result in induction, which has a higher rate of C-section. But it is often misdiagnosed because baby is in a new position or is really growing fine, but your belly measurements aren't reflecting it. Biophysical profiles and weekly ultrasounds may be in order to diagnose whether baby is growing well or not.

Don't panic yet. A vaginal birth is still very possible. Do you have a doula? If you don't, start lookin'! They are invaluable for moms who have a goal for vaginal birth (or even moms who want a C-section and don't have other support, or for moms after birth, whether they have C-sections or not).

If you have specific questions, I'm a childbirth educator and would be happy to answer them for you :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:58 PM on May. 5, 2011

• no got listern to doctor 4 yours & baby safety
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:30 PM on May. 6, 2011