What would you do?

My ss brought a mothers day gift home he made at school and he told my daughter he was going to give it to me for mothers day very sweet ... but i feel he should give it to his bio mom i dont want to reject it. What do i do?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 10:55 PM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• just accept it he made it for you after all
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• agreed accept it, he chose to give it to you instead of his birth mom, you can always suggest making another gift for his bio mom.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Definitely accept the gift from him, but suggest he make one for his bio mom too. If he says he doesn't want to, don't push it. If you want him to keep a relationship with her than you don't want to create bad feelings. My nephew got to a certain age and he refused to give his bio mom the mother's day gifts. My sister was able to convince him to make two gifts at school and got the teacher's approval. The next year everyone was happy.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:06 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Accept it. My daughter always gave me the mothers and fathers day stuff. U don't want to hurt the kid's feelings.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• accept it and help him to make another one
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• accept it and ask him to make one for bio mom - if he refuses then, ask him to help you pick one out at the store. I'd want to show him that you care for his bio mom, too. (even if you don't)
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:41 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'd accept it with open arms; he made it for you. Suggesting and helping him (if he chooses to) make something for his biological mom is also a good idea, but it depends on what age he is. If he's old enough to make his own choices, let him choose to make another gift for her on his own. If he isn't, help him make her one, especially if she's a part of his life.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:27 AM on May. 6, 2011