Is it just me or is anyone else not a huge fan of the words "making love"? adult content

I'm not talking about the act itself, just these words to describe it. I know some people do use it to describe being intimate with their SO or DH but I just cannot get into it with those words. It's not that I don't like sex, because I really do. It means more to me now that I'm with my husband who I love but we don't call it anything. The rare occassion the kids are asleep (they have a bedtime but our youngest hates to sleep and will lie awake for a while before she gives up) before we are too tired one of us will say "want to do something?" No flowery terms here. I guess making love sounds like a soap opera to me. To each their own though.

Anyone else think this or am I alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't like the words either. It sounds ....dumb. How does one "make" love ? You dont "make" it, you "feel" love, so the entire phrase,is annoying to me !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 2:24 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Haha I never use it either. It just does not sound right! It sounds corny.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We just know, i don't think, there are any real terms used. It just that look between us. I agree the term "making love" does seem sissy or soap opera..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I never use it either. My DH gives me his "sexy eyes"(lol) and then raises his eyebrows up and down instead.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I only use the term rarely. Usually when I refer to it I say "having sex" lol. "Making love" sounds silly to me, and "being intimate" could me anything, really, from having a long talk to watching a movie to snuggling, etc etc etc. Having sex means having sex, no mistake. We don't usually *ask*, more like *do*, if we DO ask each other it's "Want to join me in (fill in room, since we co-sleep and teh bedroom is usually taken)" lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• "having fun" is the term here...yeah i've never liked or used that phrase
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I say "hey u want to get it on?" Because I'm not too fond of it either.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Well.It is a lot better that the "F" word or just "sex".
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• We call it donkey kong cause it sounds funny but he usually says you wanna go play donkey kong together.
    akoker

Answer by akoker at 11:05 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I like it about as much as someone saying their sleeping with someone. My dh just gives me the look and nod to the bedroom. Lol
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 11:08 PM on May. 5, 2011