How would you camouflage a pole?

We had a basketball basket/pole and when hurricane Ike hit he broke it in half we cleaned up but there is the pole cemented into the ground we talked about getting rid of it but we haven't done anything (2 and a half yrs.later) I was thinking of decorating it (we always have to make sure we don't hit the car door to it) I thought putting some kind of cactus or vines just to make it look nice any ideas?
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• A bird house, bird bath or bird feeder could be nice. You could also paint it and a small area of the cement around the base of it to match the bird/house/bath/feeder and add a few pots at the base with vining flowers like morning glory.     

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:41 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Any way that you could put a bird house or something on the pole?
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 11:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• the title alone made me laugh, and the cactus thing sounds cute. but really if you're going as far as buying a large cactus, just rent a saw or hire someone to do it for you. (i'd still get the cactus though) =)
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 11:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Get a saw's all and saw it off at the ground!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• ..cut some wood to appropriate size and assemble it around the pole; then add a nice wooden birdhouse.. even etch the height of the children in the post?
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 12:18 AM on May. 6, 2011

• how about another basket?
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 4:19 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I am guessing it is pretty thick around since it was for a basketball hoop. Can you cut it down so it is low and then put something else over it? Like a wishing well? Or maybe cut it low to the ground and then put mulch over it?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:48 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would just cut it down.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• why not put a flag on it?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:51 AM on May. 7, 2011

• ...or something like these:

...only on a pole.   

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:46 PM on May. 7, 2011