Mom-to-be......does it still count?

my mother was talking to me on the phone today about mothers day and says shes sending me something in the mail, i told her im sending her something in the mail and to watch for it, then she tells me that my little bothers(20) girlfriend(18) is having a baby and doesn't know what to get her since shes "unique" like my brother. i told her to just ask him what he's getting her and she told me he doesn't plan to get her anything and she doesnt expect anything since shes not a mom yet...i kinda agree to a point but i got something on mothers day when i was pregnant.

what do you think, do mothers-to-be count for mothers day or should their boyfriend/husband wait till the next year after they have the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• In my opinion , NO they dont count. They have YET to be an actual mother, and being preggo just dosnt count.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:13 PM on May. 5, 2011

• if theres a baby brewin in that belly. YES! doesnt matter if its inside or out of ya! your a mom either way
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 11:13 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Both my sister and I celebrated Mother's Day when we were expecting.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:14 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Personally I did not celebrate mother's day until after the baby was born. Not so much because I didn't think I was already a mother, but more because I didn't want to jinx anything! That's just me though.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:15 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes in my opinon it still counts. When I got my mom a card I noticed a small section of cards for moms to be and think it's sweet to include them.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i dont think the mom-to-be should EXPECT something, but i really think the dad-to-be should get her something simply because it's alot of freakin work being pregnant lol. he probably doesn't understand that so i think you should explain it to him (kindly). when i was pregnant with my first i got flowers and i totally didnt see it coming, but it was such a nice surprise and really lifted my nauseuas, nauseuas spirits.
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 11:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Khedy i think she has the same mind set as you but my mom is really excited and wants to get her something...this is her first grandson in my brothers girlfriends belly :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 PM on May. 5, 2011

• yeah i got a card and i bawled like a baby hahaha cause i didnt expect it. i would still do it, its sweet
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I believe that you are a mother the moment you conceived, b/c everything you do effects the baby. Now when I was pregnant with my son I really didn't want anything special b/c I was afraid something would happen. Why nor just ask the mommy to be if she wants anything it being her first mothers day and go from there. Congrats on being an aunt.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 11:33 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If she's pregnant, she's a mom. That's like saying someone who loses a baby before it's born isn't a mom. Basically, that a baby isn't a "real" baby until it's born. It's just not true.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:45 PM on May. 5, 2011