Your take on trampolines?

I am considering buying my 4-year-old a trampoline for her birthday. It will be the one with the best safety nets/enclosures. She is accustomed to jumping on one in gymnastics. Whats your opinion or as been your experience with them?

Sorry if this is in the wrong category!

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 11:14 PM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• we love ours.... it is HUGE, and we have padded bumpers, and a safety net.... you CANT fall off of it! The net is like an extra 150 dollars, but so worth it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:39 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I will never ever buy one! I think they are dangerous. My sister broke her entire leg once while jumping on one. Eh. I have just had bad experiences with them.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I have one for my children, and they love it. I think they are fine, as long as they have a good safety net, and there are not too many children jumping at one time. Also, it is not safe for smaller children to jump with much larger children. Basically, if you have good adult supervision and common sense, I think they are fine.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• my kids had one forever, a storm finnaly got it and tore it up. We did have a child get hurt at my son's birthday party one year. BUT the mom said, he'd been to a doctor about the hones in his legs before. BUT he didn't fall off - he just landed wrong on the back mat.
    My kids never got hurt and it was before they came out with the safety net around the mat.
    I think, as with any toy - if the kids are tought how to use it and make to be safe on it - it'll be fine. a kid can trip walking down the sidewalk and break a bone. KNOCK ON WOOD - none of mine have broken any bones..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:22 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I loved them until I saw a gnarly video of a boy who looked about 11 or so, and you can't even tell what he did wrong, didn't look as though he hit the side or anything, but his ankle somehow SNAPPED and his foot was hanging at a right angle to his leg.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i like them. they're really fun
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:28 PM on May. 5, 2011

• i bought one last year we all love it great family fun get the net it is worth the safty
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:29 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Actually you should check with your home owners insurance to see if they cover accidents caused by trampolines. We had one and 2 people got hurt.
    Dr's HATE!!! them because they interfere with growing bones and can damage knees and the proper growth of the knee joints.
    Anonymous

• She will be just fine. We bought one when my son was 3 but my two oldest took care of him and knew the rules. They are all bigger now and doing just fine. There is always a risk but that is why you sit out there and watch and teach them how to do it
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:47 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I never wanted one around my yard. My daughters, too, were involved in gymnastics and I figured they got enough of that thing there. I wouldn't have it in my yard, not only because of my kids, but if any neighbors get hurt, that's also going to something you are responsible for.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:17 PM on May. 5, 2011