Is the sinus rinse for a netty pot a saline solution that i can use for an infected piercing?

I have sea salt to make my own solution but its my moms and if I can use this sinus rinse it would be eaiser.
it says contests: sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate (usp grade) iodine and preservative FREE. ph balanced. no burning or stinging.

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:20 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• Do you have any peroxide? I would use that or even alcohol. I don't think that rinse is going to hurt anything though.

Answer by m-avi at 11:21 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I think the piercer told me not to use those things. because they kill the good bacteria too I think, and I feel like they would dry it horribly :/

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 11:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• but thanks for the advice!

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 11:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I never even used sea salt. Just warm salt water if it got bad, which was rare. I've had over 15 piercings so yeah.... neosporin works for me!

Answer by catharsis at 11:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My tatoo artist says that using a rinse or spray like Bactine, then putting bacitracin ointment on it helps the piercing heal.

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:37 PM on May. 5, 2011