What is this bump on my dogs leg?

i thought it was a bite its the size of a quarter its been 4 days i think were going to the vet he is babying it

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 11:26 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Pets

• It could be anything from a reaction to an insect bit, a wart or even a tumor. There are many types of tumors though it could just be a benign fatty growth. That is very common. Usually though they are not bothered by tumors. Having the vet look at it would be a good idea.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:00 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Can you get a pic of it? That will help tremondously! Otherwise, it's hard to say...
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 11:46 PM on May. 5, 2011

• can you send it to my cafemom account?
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 12:01 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Can I get a pic of that too? I can help u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:14 AM on May. 6, 2011

• What did the vet say?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I noticed yesterday our puppy had a lump on his tummy, took him to the vet as it looked like a tiny splinter was sticking out of the lump. I expected it was a bit of wood or a thorn from running through the brambles and bushes out on walks. Vet said it was a tick that had died as he is wormed etc. He had a reaction to it and that is why there was a lump. I would take him to the vet...you never know what you are messing with and it is always better to get them checked over.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 4:31 AM on May. 7, 2011

• ok i will do that i can send it to u?
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I called to make the appointment and was advised to wait another few days if its not gone down then bring him Monday as long as he is walking and not showing pain
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on May. 6, 2011