I have no skin! =(

Monday, i went to work... and lasted about 4 hours with those damn shoes on... on one of my feet (left) the back of my heel-- it rubbed against my shoes. so i took my shoes off. didnt wear them again... but during that 4 hours, it made a blister, popped the blister and basically rubbed all my skin off of that area! sad face with an 'EWWW!' i know, i know.

how do i make myself better?! i have a bandaid over it... the area is DEEP RED- you can just tell the skin is lacking in that area. it sticks to my bedsheets when i'm sleeping- so i keep the bandaid on.. at work, i'm now just wearing my regular sneakers, but even that will rub against that area (even though theres a bandaid protecting it). it hurts! help1

never again will i wear woman's work shoes! lol i dont understand how you do it!

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 11:33 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried moleskin? That stuff is awesome, though I think it's more to prevent blisters. It's been awhile since I was hiking lol.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:34 PM on May. 5, 2011

• whats moleskin? is it like a bandaid.. or like a sock? hah. i suck!
    Shy_Dia

Comment by Shy_Dia (original poster) at 11:35 PM on May. 5, 2011

• As far as I can remember (lol its been several years) it's this stuff you stick on your skin. Like a bandaid without the middle. It's super smooth and think in the middle so it doesn't peel and the shoe just slips over it, no rubbing. If you get desperate I'd slap some on there, but definitely don't try taking it off for a few days!
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:39 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Wait... it's thicker in the middle and thin on the edges.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:40 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Moleskin is to prevent blisters... DON't put it on that raw skin!!
    One thing that can help it heal faster is soaking your foot in Epsom salts and warm water... it's like going to the beach
    For walking around with shoes... Use a band-aid with neosporin under it, then place neosporin on top of that band aid and place a 2nd band aid on top... that will place the friction between the two bandages.
    That skin will toughen up in a few days. Wear the band aid when ever you are sleeping or wearing shoes.... but let the area get some air for a few hours a day!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:50 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Oh, moleskin I remember as being something adhesive that you can put on the shoe itself to keep it from rubbing you in the area you're blistering in. Although I could be confusing that with something else. LOL

I would use some ointment and light gauze taped on at night so it can "breathe" a little. I wear "girl shoes" all the time, but since my feet have swollen this pregnancy, I have come up with all sorts of blisters and awful foot pain. I feel you!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:54 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Use neosporin, fold up some gauze, and use medical tape to hold it. It will give you more padding than doubling up on band aids, and the tape will hold it in place better too.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• All the answers above are good...like neosporin and bandaids. But wear some flip flops so nothing rubs against it.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:19 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Don't use gauze... it's abrasive... use a non-stick pad or bnid-aid!!! As a sports medicine professional I deal with this all the time... folding up gauze will make to much padding and it's abrasive. It's not more padding you need, it's the right kind of padding, the thinner the better. You can however use any medical or sports tape to keep one or two band aids, or a NON-STICK pad in place. You don't have to let it breath while wearing a bandage, but it is important that you let the area get some air for a few hours a day so you don't get skin breakdown.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:34 AM on May. 6, 2011

• a blister is a burn caused by friction... U need to let it get air for a while... But also use some salene solution (u can get it in a spray can) and a SOFT gause pad, one that says non stick on the box so u don't have to peel it off your sore when u change bandages... I had such a bad blister from hiking one time i had to go to the ER and that's all they told me to do.
    molly_beth13

Answer by molly_beth13 at 5:15 PM on May. 6, 2011