Help with Cereal

I need help getting my son to eat cereal... I've been trying for a month now to get him to eat it and unless it's coming out of his bottle he spits it right out... It doesn't matter how soupy or thick it his, he couldn't care any less about it... how can i get him to eat cereal? it's past time for him to start eating it... so i don't wanna just wait... plus i'm scared if i stop, i'll have to start all over again when i start again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depending on his age, you can mix a fruit baby food to it to flavor it or you could even add juice. My girls loved their cereal with baby food bananas. All you do is mix it as normal and add a little bit of baby food for flavor.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:40 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My doc always said try try again try mixing it with juice to add flavor to it. How old is he?
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 11:37 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If he is not on solids, I would not suggest that. Rice cereal has no nutrients what so ever! And it could really hurt baby's tummy :(
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:44 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Have YOU tasted it? It's disgusting! It is totally NOT necessary either. Quit giving it to him if he doens't like it - and definitley quit putting it in his bottle!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Don't bother. REALLY! Don't put it in his bottle unless directed by your doctor. It's a choking and aspiration risk.

Cereal is pointless junk that has the taste of wallpaper paste. (yeah, I know what wallpaper paste tastes like... unfortunate misadventure).

If baby is six months or older, try banana or mashed avocado. Google BABY LED SOLIDS for tons of great info on foods to feed your child. But cereal? Save it for your wallpaper. Or for a sick parakeet... the stuff is OK for them.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I skipped it completely. It has no nutritional value (except for the iron fortified versions that are for older babies) and my daughter wouldn't eat it. I didn't get the hype, so I asked her pediatrician about it. He says that it's more of a cultural/traditional thing than anything else. Our parents did because theirs did, and now that's what we're "supposed" to do. After 2 tries of her spitting it out I started her on stage 1 baby food. It did take her a while to get the spoon concept! I would try it and she couldn't figure out how to use her tongue and keep it in her mouth. So, I'd put it up and try again a week later. When she was ready she started devouring anything I gave her! haha
    ashjoy

Answer by ashjoy at 1:01 AM on May. 7, 2011