Lol more questions about an infected piercing... I have a ton of these tonight huh

so all the info I'm getting says to SOAK my piercing in the saline solution for five minutes
haaaaaa its in my nose -__-
does anyone have a creative way as to how I can get my nose in water? I'm going to attempt a bowl, I guess, lol uhhhh will putting a cloth with the saline solution on it help at all or should I dunk my head?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:53 PM on May. 5, 2011 in Health

• soak a cotton ball and stick in on your nose and let it sit there.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:41 AM on May. 6, 2011

• OMG. My nose is the last place I would want a piercing. Good luck with that. I would just take out the thingy you have in your nose and let it heal!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:57 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I've wanted it REALLY bad for over a year, 5 weeks ago I spent 40 dollars to get it done and I LOVE it. so... why would I take it out and let it heal? idgi how was this helpful im kind of lost
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 11:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah, you do NOT want your cartilage to get infected. It does not recover from that well. The reason why you would want to take it out, let it heal, and be out $40 is because you don't want to end up with a half rotted off nose. Infected cartilage is very hard to treat...it is not like skin.

That said, if it is a stud, you should shoot the person that pierced you with it...you cannot clean that well. Go buy a hoop so you can actually get solution THROUGH piercing, and you could try some triple antibiotic ointment.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:16 AM on May. 6, 2011

• ok, I had a really bad piercing infection when I first got my nose done. What I had to do is take a qtip soaked in peroxide and clean around the hole, inside and out. Then apply neosporin, better if your doc will call in a script for bactroban ointment, you can get it generically. You will have to stay on it with the peroxide and ointment, making sure you clean away any crust that forms. It will take about a week or so, less if you get the bactroban. Good Luck, mine healed and I have never had another infection
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:19 AM on May. 6, 2011