contractions

I am having contractions every 6 minutes (yes perfectly timed) but they aren't very painful (just some twinge) and they aren't getting any closer together. Just 6 minutes...for the past like 4 hours. What should I do? 37w 3d

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can try squatting or go for a walk if you want or take a shower. You don't have to time every contraction if you have a pattern and it's holding steady. If they start to feel stronger or closer together you can start timing them again. Just try and stay relaxed and active as long as you can and don't rush to the hospital. It could be a while before things progress and things might start progressing and then slow down. In the hospital they don't have patience for labors that start and stop and they will begin interventions if that happens.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Just wait it out. I know that you hear people say all the tie, "When you are having real contractions, you'll know," but they are right. I had pretty consistent contractions (very mild) for days. Then one night, I was walking to bed and I had the Mother of all contractions out of the blue. It was so freaking painful it brought me to me knees. I couldn't walk or talk when I was having them. We went to the hospital. They say that if you are 5 minutes apart and it is difficult to walk/talk during a contraction, it's time to go. Good luck!
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 10:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008