Do you think

do you think mothers who formula feed are worse mothers then who breastfeed?? i dont but whats your opinion?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 12:31 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If a mother can't produce milk and has to formula feed her baby does that make her a crappier mom? I don't think so.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:34 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Worse at what? I formula feed and have no guilt about my choice. What is think is awful is the stigma formula feeders get from some people.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:33 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Yeah worse how? Worse mothers? Those who don't feed their children anything are worse mothers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 6, 2011

• No b/c I did everything I was told to bf and I could produce enough milk for my ds so I had to formula feed him, but I will say this he never held his own bottle I held him everytime to get that bonding with him.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 12:35 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I dont look down upon mothers that dont breastfeed! I definitely think its healthier but what works for one, it doesnt mean it works for all! I was blessed to have breastfed my son for 7 months then i slowly dried up but i can say it was the most valuable and rewarding time of my life! <3
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 12:35 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I couldn't breastfreed my daughters because of medical problems at birth but I did with my son. So, am I good mom or bad mom?
    I don't think, it makes any mom less of a caring mom to her baby.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:42 AM on May. 6, 2011

• If you mean that you feel that being formula fed is worse for babies, no. Whether you are breastfeeding your baby or using formula, that doesn't make you a bad mother. Some mothers do have trouble with breastfeeding and have to use formula.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I do think breastfeeding is whats best for baby BUT some women can't bf. And even for those who can bf but choose not to, it does NOT make them any worse of a mother. I think as long as a mother is doing what they think is best for their baby then they are a great mother. I don't understand why people judge others for decisions they make dealing with their own child.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• That's an absurd opinion! How you choose to feed your babies does not affect what kind of mother you are. I raised 4 healthy children and never breastfed any of them. It just wasn't my thing. There's a difference being a good parent and a responsible one. You want to strive to become balanced in both. You need to do what's right for yourself as well as your child. Otherwise, your child will pick up on your unhappiness or shortcomings if you "follow the crowd" just because the so-called experts are telling you what to do.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:20 AM on May. 6, 2011

• while i think breast is best i dont believe formula fed babies are in any way neglected or that the mother is wrong for choosing formula (i used mostly formula with my first because of work and lack of proper info on breastfeeding). there are a lot of reasons why a momchooses formula , none of which do i have the right to judge because they are legitimate reasons.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:09 AM on May. 6, 2011