So you guys said dark red or greens for a handfasting dress... what do you think of these?

The first picture is a woman who has *approximately* my body type. My legs are a bit slimmer, but I saw her tummy and thought "OMG! That's me!" lol.  I post the pic of the woman and ask because I always have a hard time envisioning myself in a dress that's pictured as a size 5, you know?  I always seem to think I'd look better than I would in them lol.  Let me know what you think!

Dress 1

Dress 2

Dress 3

Dress 4

Dress 5

Dress 6

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 12:37 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I like 2 and 4. My neighbor is a bit bigger than the picture you posted and shewears dresses like that all the time and rocks them. The key isnt in your size, it's in your confidence.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:42 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm going with dress 6, not only for the shape, but I think it's the prettiest. My second choice would be dress 5.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:03 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I love #3 ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:52 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Beautiful! I like 3 & 6. But I think 6 would accentuate your eyes and hair. Congratulations by the way!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:52 AM on May. 6, 2011

• 6
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:53 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Honestly the only one I don't like is dress #3...I think you could rock the rest of them =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:56 AM on May. 6, 2011

• It's a tie between 6 & 3 so far, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:59 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I would go with 3 or 6
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:12 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I would think you'd be most flattered with 1, 3, or 6. You can google the "What Not to Wear" experts of the TV show and ask them for advice. I'm sure there are all kinds of blogs and tips to find out how to dress to accentuate your body type. They will also advise you what accessories to wear, as well as shoes, heels, etc.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:14 AM on May. 6, 2011

• #1 looks too casual, although i like it.
    #2 hate it
    #3 like, but not a good color for warmer temps, and the material/cut will cling more, you you'll need a shaper-underneath to smooth any bumps/bulges
    #4 & #5 like
    #6 very pretty
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:41 AM on May. 6, 2011