Is one Dyson Vacuum better than another?

I have been told that the Dysons are the best. Is there one you'd recommend over another? I have a little crawling boy, so I need exellent suction to pick up things in the carpet he can find that I never would (like fuzzies, hair, or teeny tiny papers). I also have a cat and allergies to dust mites and such. So, is there one you'd recommend over another?

sunshinepraying

Asked by sunshinepraying at 8:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I have a Dyson and the base model is the same for all of them...what makes them different is the attachments and accessories that are sold with them.

Mine happens to be a DC14 Animal. Again all the DC14 are the same what makes mine an animal is the accessories and attachments that were sold with it...and the fact that it's purple...but the color of the unit is just cosmetics.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Now what makes a DC14 different from a DC15 is that the DC15 has a ball where the DC14 does not.... DC18 is the "slim light weight" model that's what makes it different from the other 2. The DC24 is a ball, but the handle also retracts down which can make it easier for storage.... It's things like that that make the differences between the base model....

Other then that all the DC14 are the same, all the DC15 are the same, all the DC18 are the same, etc....except the color, but that's just a cosmetic thing as a explain before. And then again the reason for the different name and the prices is because of the accessories that are sold with it.... Also all the accessories can be bought later on from Dyson web-page if you didn't want to pay for them now.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• oh and the "animal" ones are good for homes with pets because of the accessories that come with it. 

For example It comes with a mini turbine head that actually has a rotating brush which is AWESOME at getting cat and dog hair off the couch and chair!!! The mini turbine connects to the hose so it's hand held..It's also great in the CAR!!!

Other then that I don't think it matters if it's a DC14, DC15, DC18 etc. Sorry I couldn't fit it all in one answer.

One thing I that I did buy to go with my DC14 "animal" was the dusting attachment. (I bought that at dyson.com) That's awesome at removing the dust from everything.....including TV, Computers, keyboards etc. It's a soft brush/pad that you just run over the area that you are dusting....

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• The only thing I can say about vacuums is be careful with buying a bagless vac! You can develop OCD very quickly! lol. So many of my friends (and myself) have bought the bagless vacs and nearly vacuumed the carpet off our floors because we have gone back over until the bin comes back empty!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I have a Eureka Boss and I love it. It was a gift for christmas a few years ago, and still runs like it is brand new out of the box.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2008