Is this normal to be so scared?

for the last 3 months iv been nervous about becoming a mom (im due in august) and this week was the worst its been iv been nervous about it and i snapped at my boyfriend, we fought because i didnt want to tell him what was bugging me then when we cooled off and took 10 minutes away from each other he came and sat with me on the couch....i started crying really hard and broke down and told him what was bugging me why i snapped and why i haven't been acting like myself for a while, he told me that i shouldn't be afraid and im not going to mess up like our parents did and that im a better mom already then his own mom

i still cant help but be scared....did anyone else feel like this before their first child was born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Some before and a lot after. Its no fun, but blame it on the hormones. They will make you feel and do a lot of things you wouldn't normally do.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:53 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I think everyone is scared at first. I was terrified. dont worry, the antispation is the worst part! you'll feel great when you have your baby in your arms
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:59 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I am having this same problem. I'm so scared I'm not going to be good enough. I'm afraid I'll turn into my mother. My mother is a god awful human being. I love my mom, but thats because shes my mom, but otherwise I hate her. I won't get into why I don't like her too much, shes just not a good person, none of my brothers talk to her because of the way she is. She has a very bad temper, and takes it out on other people, mainly her kids. I was the last to leave, so I got it pretty bad because she didn't want to be alone, but she can't control herself either. I try not to get mad at anything because I'm so afraid I'm becoming my mother. I'm having a boy, and it makes me so happy to be having children with the man that I love, but I don't want to treat my kids the way my mother treated me, but I'm scared that I might somehow. I don't think anyone knows what to expect. I think its best to not expect anything. Just play it by ear
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:26 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes I and my husband was very very scared when we had our son!!!! I think my husband was more scared than me because Ive seen my older sister raised her 1st child so I had a little experience with a child but no matter what I was still very very scared when we had our son too!!!! But at least no matter what you have boyfriend who believes in you that you will be the best mom that you can ever be!!!!
    Tossundacis

Answer by Tossundacis at 1:45 AM on May. 6, 2011

• yes its reallly scarely but please relax don"t do any heavy lifting or reaching over your head ,its understanding but belive me u & baby will be fine but if u need a friend & advice feel free to e-mail me barbiedeeharris@yahoo.com, mood swings go with the nerves, pregnancy
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:17 PM on May. 6, 2011