Can a house be saved from foreclosure after it has been sold on the auction block

say you have lost everything and your house has been foreclosed on and sold and you were given 6 months to stay in that house..... can a lawyer be hired to save the house? can a bank still allow you to re-finance a loan so it can be bought back the homeowners?

If a homeowner still has 2 months left before being forced out by the Sheriff... is their still hope the homeowner can still keep the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• No, once it has been auctioned at a sell off, the ownership has been changed as the money is DUE then and there.

And when a property is auctioned off, there isn't always a period of time the former owners get to move out. Around here, once it is sold, you are to move out immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Sorry, but I would think if it's been sold, no way to get it back.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:44 AM on May. 6, 2011

• i dont think so
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:34 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Once it's sold it belongs to someone else 100%. You have no rights re: purchasing the house at all. I'm surprised you're even being allowed to live there to be honest. Consider yourself lucky in that regard.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 12:59 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I dont know but I dont think so
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:24 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Well, you can hire a lawyer for anything but once the house is sold, it rightfully belongs to the new owner.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 6:48 PM on May. 6, 2011

• No, once it has gone up for auction, it is sold and no longer owned by the bank.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I would call a lawyer and ask. I know the owner can still get the house back but I don't know at what point it is to late
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't think so.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:50 AM on May. 7, 2011

• no clue
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 12:10 PM on May. 8, 2011