Have you ever seriously thought about suing a doctor?

I just found out (this evening) that I may have nerve damage (and possibly sciatica nerve damage too) from a freaking podiatrist who diagnosed me on sight (no testing) and literally, immediately jabbed a needle into a nerve in my foot.

I also got told by the second podiatrist that this first guy seemed more interested in 'selling me products' than he was in really helping me. (Dr. #2 has me scheduled for an MRI on Monday to properly diagnose the problem) Thank Goodness!

I've NEVER thought about actually - for real - suing a doctor before (got mad at some tho) - but I swear this feels like straight out malpractice. I'm actually FAR worse than I was before Dr. #1 got hold of me.

If you found out that you were actually damaged by a doctors greedy desire to sell you products instead of heal you - AND he caused more damage beyond what you went to see him for initially - would you file suit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• I would!! He messed you up, try to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else!
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:35 AM on May. 6, 2011

• turn him in also to the health department
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:31 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes, I had a real idiot for an OB/GYN. I still look back and wonder how I could have been so stupid to go back to him. The last straw was when (after I had a tubal during my 3rd childs emergency C Section) I got pregnant and he refused to believe that"s what it was. Never did a pg test and after several visits, ultra sounds and lots of pain my ovary blew up from an ovarian pregnancy and I almost bled to death. All he said is looks like your pg numbers are off the charts after all. I was young and didn't do it but if it had happened today I sure would have.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:35 AM on May. 6, 2011