Excema??

my boy is 10 months..has a rash around mouth and spots on his chest of red spots with little bumps..went to derma they said mouth rash is from teething body rash is viral..sooo he was given benadryl and strong cortizone cream. rash went away for a couple of days then came back and again is coming back then going away. Im soo confused cuz now the doctors says its excema!?!? (different dr) this has been going on since beginning of march..I thouhght for sure it would be an allergy to something but they say no..Im switching detergents and soaps and have to keep him well lubricated but I dont see how all of sudden he would get excema..think I should go to another dr??any expierence with this and your baby??

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 1:27 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have had excema all my life basically, and it can just come out of nowhere and then go as quickly as it comes then reappear at any given time, its part of it, it can get worse in extreme weather either hot or cold also. I would definently get a second opinion if your not convinced or unsure.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:31 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My daughter had mild excema when she was a baby. I tried everything from over the counter creams to a prescription one that her pediatrican gave her. Nothing helped! Finally I took her into this natural store and showed them her skin and one of the ladies there told me about California Baby products. I bought the body wash and the calendula cream and... success! The doctor was surprised that it worked better than the prescription cream. Needless to say, to this day (eight years now) we always have at least one jar of the California Baby cream around the house and I always take it on trips too with me. You can use it for so many different things. Also, with my daughter I found that the Johnson and Johnson baby wash dried her skin so I stopped using it after I discovered CB. Hope this helps.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 1:36 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I will have to try the california baby..thanks for the info ladies!!
    socalikim

Comment by socalikim (original poster) at 1:59 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My dermatologist recommended Aveeno for me, I've always had excema. They have a baby line as well. No fragrances or anything like that and I love their special excema lotion. They have baby wash and everything. I bought it for my son when I was pregnant, but he turned out not to really need it. Let us know how the California baby works out if you try that :)
    SomethingZen

Answer by SomethingZen at 2:09 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My daughter has had eczema all her life. She is 20 now ans still gets flare ups (never seen it around the mouth though) Your baby;s issue doesn't sound like eczema to me but who knows. They usually get it in the creases of their body, hands, feet etc. Does it itch our son? Eczema will itch and they will want to scratch it. We have been using Cera Ve for years now. It's very thick and moisturizing. I'd think about taking him to a dermatologist.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:17 AM on May. 14, 2011