Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Who to contact when dealing with child support?

Seems like all the numbers I've tried either it's busy leave a message or out of service :(
I hate this no one seems to be available all I want to know is what to do when coming near to ending CS payments how and what to do to get prepared. Texas ;)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (4)
  • Have you tried the Medcaid office to see if they can help with getting a number to the child support office??

    Answer by Tossundacis at 1:38 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • Call the courts?? It was court ordered right... so they may be able to answer some questions.


    Answer by Crafty26 at 8:36 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • Call your state's Department of Revenue

    Answer by Dahis at 12:12 PM on May. 6, 2011

  • I live in Texas. The non custodial parent has to file for cessation of support a few months before the child graduates from high school. The child has to be 18. In this filing the NCP has to provide proof that the child is graduating on time and that the child is the age of maturity, 18 years. Probably a copy of the birth certificate and school records are needed. Then the CP will receive notice that this has been filed. I couldn't tell if you were the custodial parent or the stepmom of a non custodial parent, or the non custodial parent. Call the attorney general's office directly, not your local CS office. You are more likely to be answered if you call the AG's office. If the child in question is graduating this June of 2011, you or your husband is already behind in filing. It should have been done in late February. This means CS will go on longer than it really needs to.

    Answer by lilangilyn at 8:25 PM on May. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.