I am breastfeeding and im not producing very much milk can u tell me why??

kburgett

Asked by kburgett at 10:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The most common reasons for insufficient supply is a poor latch and or not feeding on demand. Both of those can be corrected.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• How much is not much? I used to only get 3oz total when I would pump. But I finally figured out that was all my daughter would drink at a time even from a bottle. She did fine and I nursed her for a year.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well, if you think you are getting milk because you are pumping a little....then you may not have a problem, some people just don't pump a lot of milk. I have a lot of trouble pumping but my daughter is HUGE. So, unless your baby isn't gaining weight well, you're probably ok.
    If your exclusively pumping, you can try drinking more water, pumping more often and BF more often. These thing help to increase your supply.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• chances are, you're producing just fine. if you're baby nursing WHENEVER s/he wants & still isn't making enough dirty diapers or gaining properly (these are the only indicators of low supply), then seek help from a lactation consultant. i'm always here if you need help.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• drink more water,they say eat otemael,as longas ur nursing at least every 2hours and u hear him swallowing its fine,just make sure to nurse in a dim quiet area.also he should have a lot of wet dipars about 10 a day if he is getting enough
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• What makes you think that you're not making much milk? Is baby having 6+ wet diapers a day? Is baby nursing as often as s/he wants to? Are you supplementing?
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2008