Would you ever OPT to have a C-section for no medicaly necessary reason??

WHY, if yes?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 2:07 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, and c sections should be reserved for only medically necessary situations. Elective c sections, whether primary or repeat, should not even be offered. I would never volunteer for major surgery, nor would I sign my baby up for unnecessary surgery.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:18 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Yes and No.

No, not unless there was something medically wrong.

Yes, a prior c section would be a medical reason, you never know how that last operation will be with a new delivery.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:17 AM on May. 6, 2011

• No I would never opt for a c-section, I could have since I have had twins but I pushed for a regular delivery
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 8:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I had a c-section..wasn't planned but she got stuck...Im glad I did...it went great and if we have another, then yes, for safety reasons I will have a C-section.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:08 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I had a c-section with my son because I was in labor for 12 hours and didn't dilate past 2 cm and my son's heart rate started to drop. So they done an emergency c-section for his safety. I am scheduled to have a second c-section May 23. I'm having another one for safety reasons and also because the doctors told me that I might not be able to deliver vaginally anyway.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:16 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I had an unscheduled c-section for my first child. After 18 hours of unproductive labor, his heart rate wasn't picking up, I was dialeted 1.5 cm and the doctors thought it best to go get him rather than let him have brain damage from lack of oxygen. Following that very distressing situation, I had two miscarriages (one at 6 weeks and one at 17 weeks) and a ruptured ectopic pregnancy that cost me one fallopian tube. After two years of suffering through those issues, when I finally was pregnant with my second son, I opted for a scheduled c-section. I wanted to err on the side of control - I don't think I could have handled a rupture uterus or another unplanned c-section.

mnt_2_b_mommy - when you get a c-section, the doctors don't operate on the baby.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:13 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I would! I was in labour for near enough 24 hours, and it was exhausing, it's made me think twice about having any more, shocking as it is to think that! If I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again I wouldn't abort or anything, but because my first labour was sooo hard and painful it's making me think twice about planning another.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:20 AM on May. 6, 2011

• nope, I thought I wanted one when I was in labor for my first. Then they told me about some of the things that happen when you get one and I quickly changed my mind. If I needed one then yes I would have gotten one although I didn't need one and I was very grateful for that.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:56 AM on May. 6, 2011

• if i needed to be done yes ill have it done but i would rather not have a c-section
    dory_girl88

Answer by dory_girl88 at 3:47 PM on May. 6, 2011