IF YOU ARE A GOOD TEAM IN MARRIAGE WOULD YOU BE A GOOD TEAM IN BUSINESS?

briefcaseFor some Woman who's marriages are a match made in Heaven, or at least a good compatiable team,  can also be a match in working alongside  their Spouse and be very successful.

As for me, I must admit it, recently (3 years ago), I had the opportunity to match up with a very awesome man (we are now engaged), however, working as a team just doesn't mesh.  Mainly because of his (lame) STAFF.  He's boss and so he gets alot of "kiss ass", and he isn't in the office 24/7.   Me I'm an A-control freak, managed several business types and also owned my own business for 14 years prior.   So managing styles (people) are so different.  So to say, I've semi-retired, cause if not, our personal life would probably drown.  

What about you?  Or if not you, your parents, sibblings, or someone you know - couples that can or can not work together, even though they make a great team in marriage?   

DO REPLY AND  BUMP, PLEASE  csjoy1 

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 2:32 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I think we would honestly be horrible with working together our marriage is great but work wise nope not happening lol he is to demanding and needy .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 2:39 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Me and DH are great as a couple, but he's a contractor and when he was remodeling our home I got a taste of what it would be like to work with him. No thank you.. he was impossible and seemed to expect me to read his mind it drove me crazy especially because he's nothing like that when it comes to our relationship. He can pay people to deal with his business personality, and I'll be happy to deal with him any other time.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:26 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My SO and I own and run an art studio together. We work together well and really seem to compliment one another because his strengths are my weak point and my strengths are his weak points. We also run a farm together, but there are other people involved.

When I was with my ex husband...also an artist, I owned my own studio and hired him to help me airbrush motorcycles. He put his work off on me, quit working when I needed his help most, refused to work even when we had a deadline to meet....and complained the whole time when he did work. When I caught him talking to the finishers who I contracted the jobs threw like he was the owner of the studio, I went off on him and put him back in his place...as an employee. He said, "Fine, do it by yourself from now on." I said, "I am anyway...you won't be there to mess everything up."
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:30 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Our marriage is great & I think we would make a great team working together..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 7:57 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I love my DH dearly, but I have to admit that he's a little bit of a pain in the butt to work with. lol We wanted to start a family business, though, so instead of having one business where we have to work together constantly, we have a few different things that we each have to take care of. I'm in charge of the greenhouse and the websites for our stuff, he takes care of the animals and fence-building and repair, plus going to the livestock auctions. I still help him out when I need to, and I can ask him for help with my stuff anytime, but it gives us some space!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:44 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Even if you mesh at home it doesn't mean you mesh at work. I say NO to business with S/O's. I say if a person who has their own business & thier S/O forces themselves onto that business it's because of a trust issue. Either they don't trust the S/O in what is going on at work or issues about the money that's coming in. Anyone who owned a business before meeting their S/O should never included them after they marry. If they eventually do divorce that business can be divided in half. I would hate to think that I busted my ass for years in MY OWN business & my spouse got half of what "I" built BEFORE marriage. If it's proven your spouse had hand in your PRE made business they can ruin it. It happens a lot. Business is business sorry. It should be family at home, coworkers at work. Bad idea to have a spouse in business. You cant predict the future. It's possible someone can get tired of seeing their partner on almost a 24/7 basis.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 9:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• confusedThat's a very interesting spin/thought/comment summary Snapit, Gives me a lot to think about from many perspectives...I'm pondering it all.  Thanks

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My husband and I own our own business and it works well for us. My husband is a control freak and gets on my last nerves but he does that at home too! LOL....but seriously, he has his own projects for work and I have mine that I'm responsible for. We get along great and work very well together...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:47 PM on May. 6, 2011

• My grandparents enjoyed a life at work and home and also enjoyed screaming at each other in both places. I could never work with my husband, but I have had great working relationships with people I dated. Its hard to seperate business and pleasure but there are a lot of successful teams that are spouses.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:14 PM on May. 6, 2011

• We weren't.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 10:13 PM on May. 6, 2011