Breastfeeding moms?

How long did you breastfeed and if you are still breastfeeding how do you suppose when you will quit.

LadyMitres

Asked by LadyMitres at 2:40 AM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I breast fed until my little girl was almost two. She kind of decided that she was ready. She was very busy and on the go all of the time and it was easier for her to carry a sippie cup of milk with her then for her to have to stop every few hours and lay down to nurse. She tried to start again a few months after because we had a litter of kittens and I guess seeing them nurse made her want to do it again but, of course, by then, I had no milk.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:44 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My first weaned at about 14 months, I suspect due to my pregnancy. My second just recently weaned at about 3 1/2 yrs old. I did nothing, either time. They both weaned on their own.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:57 PM on May. 6, 2011

• But mom the other babies are doing it.:)That was cute thanks so much for sharing
    LadyMitres

Comment by LadyMitres (original poster) at 2:56 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I breast fed for 7 mos I went back and it was too hard and I started getting to raw and leaking at work it was embarrassing and my daughter liked the formula better she didn't want me ne more
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:50 AM on May. 6, 2011

• i breastfeed my 1st till 6months then she went right to whole milk no problems.
    i breastfeed my 2nd till 8months then she went right to whole milk no problems.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 12:56 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Wow...right to whole milk at 6 mos, and 8 mos? You're LUCKY there were no problems! No bashing, but just curious, if you don't mind me asking, why did you wean so early, and wean to whole milk rather then formula?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:58 PM on May. 6, 2011