Why am I so damn irritable??

It's not Aunt Flo - she died 3 yrs ago, it's Christmas, and winter and snow is outside - which I LOVE, had a confrontation with my SO - he's been making it look like he might be cheating on me...I think we got it cleared up, my kids Christmas concert was tonight at school - which I am very proud of them for....WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I AM SCREAMING MY HEAD OFF AND NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ME??!! I know I am being a bitch - but I can't seem to shake it. I am already on an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety meds. WTF?? I just got the best thing in the world that I have been fighting my life for and that was sole custody of 2 of my kids....please help! TIA

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know, but love how you said Aunt Flo died 3 years ago. I never heard it said like that. HA HA HA HA HA
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Since Aunt Flo left the picture so long ago, I'd check with the doctor. Those meds may not be the ones you need, or dosages may need to be adjusted. Just a suggestion.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Could be stress!
    Anonymous

• I would automatically think it's hormones. If not, some stressors (good and bad) cause problems like that. Maybe that Seasonal Depression thing. Could be lots of things. Have you ever checked out personality disorders? I know that sounds bad but they are not all terrible! Some have triggers that make folks over react to things. I would see my doctor and discuss it all with him/her.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• YOU JUST MIGHT BE UNHAPPY
    myjaylynamor

Answer by myjaylynamor at 10:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I am always trying to see the better good in things/people. I blew up today at my SO b/c some things he'd been doing look pretty suspicious (cheating). He blew up back at me. I needed him to be understanding and supportive. Instead he got angry at me. Then he finally said he was sorry that he wasn't understanding, but GAWD!! I just once would like to be sad or upset and have him love and comfort me w/out having to beg for it!! I am so frustrated w/ the kids 2day I got pissed at every little thing. I just need them to let me have some peace and fucking QUIET!!! But no! Everything has to be screamed at me and in my face - I cannot even take a shit w/out SOMEONE in my face! mom, mom, mom, MOM, MOM MOM MOM!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• it could a combination of the medications. i would read the side effects.

plus it only makes things worse with what's going on with your husband. although you've talked about, are you still hurt? mad? sad? scared?

then of course there is the holidays. sure you should be happy with so many good things going on, but you are not so it making your negative feelings feel exaggerated.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Thanks ladies! I think I have figured it out....I was put on a double dose of vikoden last week and then I quit taking it. I do this normally with my low dose vikes with no problems, but I guess the higher dose kinda threw me. Don't get me wrong. SO is still on the shit list in the doghouse for being an insensitive ass but I am dealing with him....LOL At least I know I can get support on here! (And he wonders why I am on here so much????Hmmm)
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2008