This is just too funny...

So I was at the grocery store tonight and I saw the funniest thing. The woman in front of me in line began loading up the belt with fresh vegetables, low fat sour cream, fat free milk, low carb pasta, that weird low cholesterol egg substitute, organic cat food, low fat cheese, splenda, and wheat bread and I'm thinking that she must be the biggest health nut in the world, right before she grabs a bag of Skittles and two Hershey bars and tosses them onto the belt and glares at me as if she was daring me to tell on her. After she paid for the forbidden items, she looked around hastily before slipping them into her purse and walking out into the parking lot as if she was afraid of being arrested as she went to the car. I was trying so hard not to laugh but, as soon as she was out of earshot, I made the mistake of looking at the cashier, a former classmate of mine, and it was all over. We laughed so hard that we couldn't breathe.

It reminded me of when I was working as a waitress and had one of my regulars order a stack of pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, fried eggs over easy, and then, with a wink, ordered a diet coke because he was watching his weight.

Have any of you done this or seen this done? I would love to hear about it. I'm still laughing about it.

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:40 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• NO, I am one of those rare people who honestly does not care what ANYONE thinks of them. So.....I may find that funny too,
    if I were there.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• So she has a sweet tooth. I don't see the big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• DH did it. He had a crew working around the clock - so he took off to the nearest town to get McDonald's for them all (30 guys). He called ahead and had them make 90 of the double-cheeseburgers. But he had one guy who was either diabetic or something, so he stopped at the truck stop and got they guy his list of fruits, peanut butter and bread, and to get a few cases of sodas for the guys. But the 'sickly' guy didn't like canned soda - he wanted a fountain drink. DH thought it best to get the fountain drink on his last stop at McDonalds so the ice would not melt as much - He walked up and told him who he was and they got him his 90 burgers, the girl asked him if he wanted anything else - he said "yeah, a large diet coke". He said she almost refused to ring up the drink because she thought he was pulling her leg. Can you imagine - 90 cheeseburgers, 30 large fries and ONE large diet coke? LMAO
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:50 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Lol that's funny. It's not that I thought it was a big deal I just thought it was funny. I'm not a health nut but I try to eat healthy, and to make my daughter do the same. We eat vegetables and healthy food but I see nothing wrong with having some ice cream or chocolate every once in a while. I'm not one of these people that won't let their kids have any sweets or anything unhealthy.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 3:17 AM on May. 6, 2011

• it must be just a front.. she probably makes her family eat healthy then she sneaks snacks
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 8:29 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Eh- I'd think her actions were pretty funny too, but I don't care what someone else buys, nor do I pay that much attention to what someone else is buying, unless it's just really weird, like a length of chain, a can of whipped cream and some strawberries with chocolate or something lol.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I kind of do that lol I don't buy all crazy health stuff, but I buy a candy bar, eat it on the way home, and hide the wrapper at the bottom of the trash can:) Come on now, you know you all do it too!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:22 AM on May. 6, 2011

• The way I see it, I'm not going to expect my daughter to do something that I'm not willing to do. Also she's two so I don't have to hide things from her yet. I can still spell out what I don't want her to know, like "I'm going to buy some i-c-e c-r-e-a-m." We all hated it when my sister's kids got to the age where we couldn't spell around them, because they knew what we were spelling.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on May. 6, 2011

• That is funny. What is so bad about that? So who cares if you got some candy. Organic cat food? ok
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2011

• That woman most likely has issues much greater than her skittles and unfortunately is probably just as self-conscious about everything else in her life. Isn't it funny how much we care about how other people judge us about such stupid things? I suppose not everyone does, but I have done that and have to remind myself to STOP!

I agree it's pretty funny!
    Lola.Bee

Answer by Lola.Bee at 5:19 PM on May. 7, 2011