Office Working Mom vs. Stay-at-Home Mom. Which (of the two), is better and Why?”

Asifa

Asked by Asifa at 3:54 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Neither are bad.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:55 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Working is great because you can bring in a second income, be able to afford to do more, allow your children the chance to interact with other children.

Being a stay at home mom is great because you get to spend time with you children, get household chores done, run errands and relax whenever you want to.

So neither are better than the other. It's a win/win situation for both.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:57 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Both moms are equal they both work hard and they both take care of children.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:07 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I can be a rather big feminist. I am all for working women, equal rights ect... But when it comes to mothering I am fairly old fashioned. I feel like mothers belong with their children. its important to create that attachment and bondwhen they are young. They are little only breifly. I also feel it is important to be given a sufficient amount of time to breastfeed atleast 1 year. 6 weeks is not enough timeto build a strong nursing relationship and more often than not, going back to work and having to pump is what kills it.

So, I say stay home if you can. Love on your babies, nurse them, help them grow up to be secure a happy people. Some people will say it just cant be done in all situations but I have done it against all odds. I became a mother at 16, finished school taking photography courses. Once I was on my own I found a way to work from home, now I am a pro photographer and single mom of 2, breastfeeding co sleeping.
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 4:17 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't think either is better, I think every mother does what she feels she needs to do for her family. I work, and it never crossed my mind not to. I don't think I am made to be a Sahm and I think it is good if someone knows that about themselves.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:13 AM on May. 6, 2011

• why try to open this can of worms? This question has been asking numerous times.

Neither is better or worse than the other.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:42 AM on May. 6, 2011

• It depends on what works best for that individual family. For my family, it works better for me to stay at home.

Answer by missanc at 7:56 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Neither is better or worse; they're just different lifestyles to fit different families needs.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:28 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I've done BOTH, and both have their pros and cons. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:36 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Seems like the OP's plan to stir up shit backfired.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:04 AM on May. 6, 2011