Should I take a phenergan before I go in for induction?

I will call L&D and ask before I go but I have been up for hours and my nerves have me SO NAUSEOUS. The thing is the been up all night part. ..... i don't want to be even more sleepy from it but i am so queezy. What would you do?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 4:51 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For an induction, I would take anything til you get there - they will help you then.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 10:43 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Do NOT take anything before you go to the Hospital! When you are induced, it takes MANY hours. They expect you to rest & be tired. They can give you something there to help you relax & rest. Taking a drug not specified by your OB could prevent you from being induced today at all! Relax, I was induced & it was the best experience I had. Smooth & timely. Just go with what they say & all will go accordingly. GL! Also, I went in to be induced at 7pm at night & had my baby at 12 the next afternoon. So you are not going in today & having the child right away at all! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:18 AM on May. 6, 2011