How can i get comfortable when trying to sleep?

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and constantly turning from both of my sides while waking up and i just can't seem to get comfortable, but when i do it's only for a few minutes.

ashley670

Asked by ashley670 at 5:20 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had to have a few extra pillows. One between my knees, one under my belly and one behind me. Good luck.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 5:47 AM on May. 6, 2011

• pillows are pretty much your best bet. with my first i had about 7 lol, i'd set them up all around me like an encasing, tucked just underneath so it would help hold the weight. during my second i had one bewteen my knees and it helps to hug one too so if you're on your side your top arm isn't adding unecessary weight on your chest. maybe try sleeping a little more elevated too as opposed to laying flat. other than that, there isn't really such a thing as being comfortable that far along lol. have fun!
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 6:11 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Lots and lots of pillows! I sleep with one between my legs, and I also hug a firm pillow to keep my shoulders aligned and like Mrs L said it keeps pressure off your chest.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:37 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Three other mommas are right pillows are a pregnant womans best friend. With that in mind around that stage though there is almost nothing you can do to get comfy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:44 AM on May. 6, 2011

• The last 2 months of my last pregnancy the only way that I could sleep was on my knees kneeling over the arm of the couch. It looked wierd, and DH made fun of me, but sleep is worth it. Don't be afraid to try unconventional places or positions, your body needs the rest.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:12 AM on May. 6, 2011

• its pretty impossible but a big body pillow is nice.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 10:38 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I can't get comfortable either!!! I've have plenty of extra pillows but nothing seems to be helping! I have to end up watching tv until I literally fall asleep from exhaustion because I can't get comfortable. Good luck to you! Hope you have better luck then I'm having :)
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 12:20 PM on May. 6, 2011

• put pillow in between legs & under belly caddle belly congerations
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 3:58 PM on May. 6, 2011