whats the best to use on your face( i feel like i look like a cake)

i haven't used makeup for awhile well lets say a yr now, but i tried some on yesterday and it looked like i caked it on witch i like to hide my frickles and i have notice it shows up like 3 hrs later its driving my nutz then i like to hide the old pimple marks to but i can still see them how do i get it covered with out looking like a cake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• use oil base concealer, it blends with your skin and doesn't cake
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Also use the Bare Minerals cosmetic line, and also anything with mineral powder foundation. It allows your skin to breath and looks more natural.
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I can't agree with trying Bare Minerals or any mineral powder foundations as stated above; I've tried them all and don't understand why everyone likes them so much; they simply don't work for me. Have you tried going to Sephora? I like going there because they'll let you try all different brands of products until you find what looks good on you; they won't push you to buy a particular brand like they do at other makeup counters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I love the mineral line but Id use the mary kay!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• apply a moisturizer first than your foundation that will keep it from caking some foundations seem thick so i just mix my foundation and moisturizer or try a mousse foundation
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 5:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I work in a spa and sell avon products. I think what you need is good skin care products first and then a good foundation. If you go to my web site www.youravon.com/ketheridge and look at the Anew products you will find they are made for different skin types and I feel that the clinical solutions dermal scrub would exfoliate your skin to bring the new cells to the top making your skin look fresh again. You only need to use microderm once a week. Then if you buy the Anew foundation that matches your skin tone, if you are cleansing, moisturizing and using the dermabrasion you should be very happy with the way your skin looks.
    avonmon

Answer by avonmon at 5:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Start using a good skincare program for blemish prone skin. Your foundation will go on and blend better on condition skin. I use the Mary Kay.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:02 AM on Dec. 7, 2008