Does your family surprise you in any way on Mother's Day?

The suggested journal entry this week was about how I would be celebrating Mother's Day. Frankly, I don't know yet, and I am not pressuring my family to find out. It will be nice to be surprised.

CoffeeWriter

Asked by CoffeeWriter at 7:50 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Holidays

• This will be my 4th Mother's Day. If there's a surprise planned, I don't know about it. We'll be going out for food and we'll all spend the day together without any expectations of my getting anything done around the house. ;) I wouldn't be surprised if there's a card and plenty of hugs and kisses and 'Happy Mother's Day' wishes from my daughter. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:07 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I'm so hoping the day comes and goes with no one even noticing it. Mother's Day is such a sad day for me, I miss my mother.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:51 AM on May. 6, 2011

• It would suprise me if my DH actually acknowledged Mother's Day this year.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:00 AM on May. 6, 2011

• So sorry Meooma.
    The only surprise is that my children have been doing the same thing for me (breakfast in bed) for 17 years. This year will be interesting since I'm now separated.
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 8:01 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Not usually. I have to start telling my hsuband what to do soon. All I want is the kids to make me a card. Told him many times last holiday (my birthday) and didn't get one. Eventually, I'll be able to tell the kids themselves! Thta will be nice.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 4:26 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Not usually. Breakfast in bed was the surprise, which was wonderful. After that a great day but nothing "creative" in the way of surprises!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 9:55 PM on May. 6, 2011