Zumba during pregnancy..

I am big into Zumba...I have a blast and it makes me feel good about myself. However, I will be nine weeks pregnant on Sunday and even before I actually knew I was pregnant I have been feeling off balance when I do my normal classes so I haven't been going...Is this normal and what causes it? I was hoping I could continue taking my classes to help me stay in shape during my pregnancy, but I don't like how it makes me feel..

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 8:13 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Let your body tell you what it needs. It's great that you still want to stay in shap during your pregnancy, but if you feel "off" when you do that workout it either needs to be modified or you need to go to something else. Talk to your instructor and tell him/her that you are pregnant and was wondering if there are modified exercises for the class. I had to modify my pilates routine after the first trimest because I just couldn't do it any more.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 8:54 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I currently take Zumba classes at Curves which is modified to fit all age groups and they are 30 min sessions back to back. I have even tried doing just the 30 mins rather than the whole hour and I was going three- four times a week and dropped that to a Saturday class...I usually feel ok at first but then I feel so strange. Your right, I do need to listen to my body and take a time out. Maybe I can just try walking..I guess that is better than nothing! :) I am server so I am on my feet a lot at work as well, so I am sure that helps me to stay "in shape"..
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I am 29 weeks and doing zumba. Just slow it down and go ur own pace. I don't do all that the others do but I still make it work.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:58 PM on May. 6, 2011