Scared for my children

With everything that is going on I am so scared of what the future holds for my kids. I have never been a believer in the whole "2012" theory. But I cant help but wonder if the world is going to end or serious bad things are going to happen to us in the near future. I feel helpless and lost. I want to be able to watch my kids grow up and get married and start their own families. Am I alone here in thinking this way? Do any of you worry about the same things?

LenaMommyof3

Asked by LenaMommyof3 at 8:13 AM on May. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• No I dont worry about it. People have been saying for years the world was going to end. The bible says no one will know when the end comes. 2012 has been disproven as well. I remember people thinking the world would end in the 80s, then again in 2000, and now its 2012. I just enjoy my time with my family, friends, and everyone. No one is guaranteed any time on this earth. You just have to cherish what you have right now, and not worry about the future.

Answer by gemgem at 8:29 AM on May. 6, 2011

• No. Enjoy what you have. You can't do that if you worry about things beyond your control.
    I admit that I have flashes of random horrors every now and again... like we were walking on the sidewalk and a man was walking toward us and I think to myself OMG what if he pulls out a gun and shoots us? But it is just a flash. It goes away and I don't keep thinking about it. It's not healthy for me lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:21 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I worry about many things. I never worry about the end of the word; there is nothing I can do about that. I worry about the children's safety first and foremost. I worry alot about things within MY control.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:27 AM on May. 6, 2011

• What they said /\......I agree with them.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:34 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Totally agree with Gemgem above!
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 8:37 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Nicely put GemGem. ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:56 AM on May. 6, 2011

• We are never promised tomorrow so we have to enjoy every moment. I have thought about that as well but am assured by my faith.
    KRob85

Answer by KRob85 at 9:24 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I do worry, but I have an anxiety disorder, and end-world prophecy and speculations have always been a trigger for me. If I was not on meds right now, I'm sure I would be a mess, quite honestly. All this talk of war and death... If I let myself get too caught up in it, I get stuck in a dangerous downward spiral, and it is really hard to pull myself back out of one of those. So, I try to stay positive and rely on my faith in God(and my meds lol) to help me through it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:38 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I hear you on the end but we need to enjoy what we have each day
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:18 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I think it is only natural to worry especially with how everything in this world is going. But, for me I place my trust in God and know and believe He will always be there. Prayer is my peace for me and my family.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:46 PM on May. 6, 2011