How do I get stains out of shirts?

Regular cotton or cotton mixed shirts. I have stains that will not come out. These are mostly "washable kids finger/poster paints" and tomato based ones. They have been pretreated with everything from dish soap to stain boosters to oxyclean to detergent. They have been soaked, scrubbed kept wet, let dried and scraped within minutes of the stain happening and nothing. I follow the directions on the products and nothing works.
Ideas anyone? I'm about to get some rite dye and tye dye all of the clothes either that or bleach them all.
And no wearing aprons doesn't help because the stains end up all around the edges of where the apron lays.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 8:39 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you use liquid fabric softner....don't... It creates a waxy buildup on your clothing which seals the stain in rather than taking them out. it is also bad for the washer. In absence of that I would just treat them immediately.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Don't uses fabric softner as they leave the cothes feeling slimy and the smell is so strong it takes weeks to get rid off.
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 8:57 AM on May. 6, 2011

• oxi clean and if its grease lest oil (walmart)
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 5:09 PM on May. 8, 2011