Wow, they did well camoflauging this number.

The unemployment rate is up to 9% but they are touting the private sector jobs increases for April which they say went up 268,000. Now which number will we hear from the media? Seems kinda moot when once again unemployment numbers are up for last week. The numbers are so volatile I don't know why they bother to report them anymore.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:42 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse

I have seen all over the media...that new unemployment claims spiked..who is hiding??

Wasn't it YOU conservies that pointed out before when they were down it was BECAUSE of gov't jobs?

I would think YOU would like to know about the PRIVATE SECTOR jobs being added..

hmm...go figure, more hypocrisy

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:45 AM on May. 6, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• who are They?
    the people who are laid off know they are laid off. maybe the real numbers will come out with the election in 2012.
    Our area is 10% down from 11% not long ago. Still not like it was in 2006 at 4%.
    do you have a link for the April jobs report?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• In our area unemployment has remained well over 10% with most unemployed being men between the ages of 18-25. I have never seen the numbers go down here. We still are not MAKING anything in this country and all the manufacturing jobs seem to have been or will continue to be outsourced. I am not shocked at all by the unemployment showing to be 9% nationwide. People are still struggling and will continue to keep struggling because nothing has really changed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:51 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Really they dont want to work? You can come here to Western NC and say that and see you are wrong. There are no jobs. Period.

Answer by gemgem at 8:52 AM on May. 6, 2011

• who are They?

The numbers..when the NUMBERS were going down...and you ladies were crowing about its government jobs NOT private sector

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:54 AM on May. 6, 2011

• If they don't want to work them why are companies so overwhelmed in coming applications that they actually cut them off on soem places. Signs saying ' Not accepting applications at this time'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 AM on May. 6, 2011

• It's great that the private sector is growing actually but about 65 thou of those jobs are Mickey D jobs. I'd like to see YOU make a living off of that. The reason you don't see people cheering is because these jobs are not livable jobs. They are part time low wage jobs for the most part. The people who are running on empty with their government hand outs are having to take anything they can get.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 8:57 AM on May. 6, 2011

• who are They?

Actually, I was watching Squawk Box and I was referring to the guys reporting it.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on May. 6, 2011

• It's great that the private sector is growing actually but about 65 thou of those jobs are Mickey D jobs. I'd like to see YOU make a living off of that.

No thanks, but isnt that an example of why the min wage should be an ACTUAL livable wage??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:04 AM on May. 6, 2011

•  

9%? Thats nothing when you concider 1/2 of them DONT even WANT to work.

and you know they dont want to work how?? talked to them all??

Remember the days it was over 10 under St Ronnie?? lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:05 AM on May. 6, 2011