Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


does any one have any info about how i can get help for me and my friend her husband left her and now it is her and i on our own between us we have 5 kids HELP please

Answer Question

Asked by mom19983 at 8:57 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • google your state and search their website for resources

    Answer by whitepeppers at 9:01 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • Call your local community action council. It's hard to give advice to this question because it depends on your area. You could also alternate watching the kids while one works (ex. one of you works days, the other works nights) Maybe put your application into some Housing Units for low income families, then of course there is child support and food stamps.... sometimes you can volunteer at a local food pantry. I'm not sure if every state has it but there is angel food ministries..... You can also call your local churches....good luck.

    Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:03 AM on May. 6, 2011

  • Check to see if you can qualify for food stamps...wic...there are plenty of options..try to get ahold of your states programs...
    I'm sorry that you are all going through such a dire of

    Answer by Ella_Bella20 at 9:07 AM on May. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.