Can I celebrate my children's loss of teeth without the tooth fairy?

I am looking for a way to celebrate my children's loss of teeth in a special way that they will remember and cherish, but I'm not interested in involving any imaginary figure such as the tooth fairy. Any creative ideas?

ablessedlife

Asked by ablessedlife at 10:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• YES YOU CAN. BE PROUD OF EVERY WAKING MOMENT WITH YOUR CHILD
    myjaylynamor

Answer by myjaylynamor at 10:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think you can make your own traditions!
    southpawshelia

Answer by southpawshelia at 12:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Since many parents keep those teeth that the "tooth fairy" collects, why not do it openly? Get a special little box for her baby teeth to go in and make up your own celebration to add a tooth to the box.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It's one of the best perks of being a mom....you don't "have" to do anything other than feed, clothe, and bath them! Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the EAster Bunny...they're totally optional. You can most certainly create your own traditions and make it fun or exciting. Let your imagination go wild!
    EmmysMom113

Answer by EmmysMom113 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008