Does anyone really know, if this is a good idea or not to do?

I need to order something from the computer , I never did this before , this will be my fisrt time doing this. People are saying to me not to order from ead.the computer it is very dangerous.thing to do. They are putting scarey thought in my head. Does anyone really think it's not a good idea to get anything from the computer. Or will it be just fine to do so? I really do need advice on this Thanks.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 9:10 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Shopping

• just check out the company and make sure its a secure site or big company that has someone to call if something goes wrong.....but do not give random unsecure site CC info/ person info......i've never had a problem when i follow these guide lines....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:43 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I second what zoejains said. Reputable sites are pretty much a given. Also, if you're hesitant to enter your payment info into another website, consider using PayPal. Your info stays at paypal and the vendor never sees any of your financial info. Plus, PayPal is verified & there is recourse if you buy something and have problems.

I've been ordering stuff online for probably 12 years or so now & I've never had a problem. You just have to be safe about it.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:25 AM on May. 6, 2011

• it depends where you order from! if you are ordering from a large name company or a large company website they have a protection for you. try to stick with large name stores or ebay and make sure you check HOW they will accept payments.. most want what is call paypal on ebay.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:12 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I've ordered form a few different places on the internet...and it's been fine
    don't put your credit card info in unless it's a secure site and it should be ok
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:15 AM on May. 6, 2011

• just don"t put personal inf on computer give e-mail address but not credit card # or cell # becareful
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 9:20 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I've never had a problem. Many sites have a "verified by" block with the current date. I can't remember the name of the service. I've never had a problem with paypal. One thing to look for in a secure site: the address bar for the website should begin with https.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 9:30 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Your information is more likely to be stolen by a cashier in a store than from the computer.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:27 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Just be careful on what sites you frequent. Like has already been said, there are the reputable ones (ebay, amazon, walmart, etc).
    blessed2bmomof1

Answer by blessed2bmomof1 at 9:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I have never had trouble either. Most sites that are small can't afford to process credit cards and only accept paypal as a payment method...which is a safe, neutral, third party. Large sites like walmart.com, target.com, etc...I wouldn't worry at all. I order quite a bit online, and have for years. The biggest problem I have had is ordering the wrong size or something and having it be a pain to return. Nothing crazy though, and in probably 8 years, it has happened once or twice only.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:57 AM on May. 6, 2011

• If you're particularly worried, stick to big, reputable sites. They all create a secure connection when you are paying (you'll see "https:" at the beginning of the path.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:25 PM on May. 6, 2011