Pain in shoulder?

What would be good to use on my shoulder? I have been having dull pains in my shoulder and down my back for the last couple days and was wondering what could be used to relieve the pain.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:10 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Health

• Check with your doctor. That kind and the area of pain could be something serious.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:12 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I have a very messed up shoulder... It will require surgery. But to eleviate the pain in the mean time I use a heating pad/hot bath.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:17 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Pain in the shoulder can also be as simple as a rib out of place - and really, that's what it sounds like, I get it all the time and it comes with other upper back pain. I suggest a chiropractor, with or without a massage first, and if it continues to trouble you (I'm talking weeks or more) see a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I really depend what's wrong. When my shoulder flairs up, ice and ibuprofen help the pain. Chewing gum helps too.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:22 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Why were the first two answer voted down, I was going to say something along those line as well. If you don't want the advise to see a doctor, get a few heating pads and take some pain killers along with a nice bath.

I really would check with your doctor to make sure it isn't something more though. better safe than sorry and 6 feet under
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:50 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Sound to me like a pinched nerve since the back is involved stretching and advil will help but if continues I would have it checked out for more serious problems.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:18 AM on May. 6, 2011

• icyhot. i would see your doctor, shoulder pain can be the onset of heart troubles
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Ice it
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:18 AM on May. 6, 2011