SAHM is lonliness a problem for you?

I have been at home since Amanda was born and don't drive, I am very lonely...anyone else in the same boat?

jekr43

Asked by jekr43 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• NO NOT REALLY. I'M JUST HOME BORED, BUT HAPPY WHEN WITH MY BAY GIRL, AND I DRIVE
    myjaylynamor

Answer by myjaylynamor at 10:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes. SAHM's have to make an effort to get out in the world and socialize. The babies need it, too.
    Why don't you drive? If it's not possible for you to drive, then you should try to organize play dates near your home. Is there a park near where you live? Do you have friends that can come over? Or pick you up?
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 10:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I absolutely get lonely a lot of the time. For me it's hard because we moved to a new area and I don't know anyone here. Since I stay home with the boys, it makes it hard to make any friends. If you do have friends where you live, I would definately make an effort to reach out to them, maybe have them pick you up, like the pp said. Or try to find a group on here with people in your area.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Nope! That's what CafeMom is for ;)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• lol. cafemom helps a lot! I also got a part time job to help. I work 1 or 2 days a week at the front desk of a hotel. I work 3-11pm so, even if I work, I am home for most of the day with DD. I do get lonely though.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I get lonely. My mom was actually worried about me, because i essentially have no friends...lol...but I love staying home with my DD. I do wish I could get out more, and get some friends, but im ok where I'm at. But yea it can get lonely...lol
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 12:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Not really ! I work from home and keep very busy during the day with taking care of my DD and then working when she is napping and cleaning as well. We go out 1-2 times a week sometimes less since it is winter now and it can get nasty here in Indiana.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have been a sahm since my son was born he is 4 now and my youngest is 2,it does get lonely like another mom said it is hard for me also cause I just moved to a new area,so I don't know anyone.My boys keep me on my toes though and I try to take them to the parks,or even just a walk and let them ride their bikes.
    AngelPink

Answer by AngelPink at 12:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2008