Should i leave him? edit..edit again

my husband lost his job about a month ago. we are living off of our savings right now. he doesnt want to get a job. he said he wants to make and sell lamps. i'm saying to him please be responsible and take care of your family by getting a stable income. we only have 5k left of our savings. who is right?

edit: i do have a job but its nowhere near enough to pay the bills. he was making and can make a lot more than me as he has more experience.

i should have added that i dont really plan on leaving him. i just needed a title that caught people's attention. sorry about that. i just need input and advice. what would you do in my situation? i tried talking to him but he gets mad at me and says why do you want me to work at a job i hate? i need to do what i love and that is selling lamps. all i'm saying to him is be responsible and help me take care of our family. our savings are almost running out...and its only been a month that he was out of a job!!! we only have 5k left.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Someone needs to find a job and fast....He can get a job and do lamps on the side. Family needs to come before dreams sometimes.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:30 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Are you working?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:31 AM on May. 6, 2011

• You are most definitely right. What does he plan to do when the money runs out? I am not sure about doing something drastic like leaving him. However, I could not imagine my man not working and watching me stress out over the bills either.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:32 AM on May. 6, 2011

• You are right. He needs to be a man and take care of you guys!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 9:32 AM on May. 6, 2011

• You need to really evaluate your decision. Make sure you are sure of what you are doing. The mind is one thing, your heart is another. You need to perhaps try a different approach. Perhaps tell him, that if he does not get a job he will not be able to buy the materials to make his lamps. Find a way around the situation to make him see that with out money he will not be able to make lamps. Perhaps if he finds a job, he will be able to make the lamps on the side. Once his lamp making business takes off he can consider leaving his job.
    qubanprincess

Answer by qubanprincess at 9:33 AM on May. 6, 2011

• – collapse
    Grow up and get a job yourself. How else would you take care of your family if you leave him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 6, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Do you work? Have you thought about going to work to support your hubby for a few months to see if him making lamps is going to be worth it? Have you thought about asking him how he feels about staying home with the kids and doing the lamps while you go find a job. Ya know it isn't all about the man bringing home the money and it isn't fully his responsibility to take care of you and the kids, I can't bash him for wanting to do something different and work from home, how many mother's have you seen trying something from home while the husband is off bustin his butt at work??? Life and Parenthood his a two way street, being a stay at home mother is a privilege not a right, compromise. Go to work for a few months and let him be a work from home dad, if he doesn't see a profit within the next two months then he can go back to work.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:38 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I don't know if you should leave him, but he sure enough needs to get a grip!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:55 AM on May. 6, 2011

• EDIT: SHE DOES HAVE A JOB
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:56 AM on May. 6, 2011

• With that being said, I really don't think you should leave someone for this reason. How is your family going to be better off if you leave him?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:57 AM on May. 6, 2011