• In the Spotlight:

Leaky diaper.

My baby now sleeps through the night. yay! Only problem is now that he doesn't get a diaper change in the middle of the night he wakes up with a soaked diaper and a wet sleeper. I've tried lots of different brands and settled on Huggies cuz they seem to work best for him. Should I wake him in the middle of the night just to change his diaper or just load him up with baby powder before he goes to bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i was always told to give them a drink/bottle ext 30 min b4 bed then change them b4 you lay them down...it helped.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well maby not 3 but buy a bag of one size bigger and place it over the regular one. Or change him befor you go to bed, it won't wake him p much just have a small bottle handy just in case
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 11:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• wtf anon
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Blow dry the diaper? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, not to mention, unsanitary. Just buy some overnight diapers, they're thicker. They are a little more expensive, but hey, you're only using one a day.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Don't use baby powder.

http://parenting.ivillage.com/baby/bsafety/0,,3q5k,00.html
    Anonymous

• Go ahead anon, keep putting ridiculous answers on every post, and I will keep reporting them.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Try cloth! You can make it extra thick, and use a wool cover! Wool can hole like 3xs its weight in water without feeling wet.

You would save tons of money, baby would be dry, and you'll have less rashes!
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• BTW, I would imaging using baby powder to sop up the extra pee would cause a rash, and if you have a girl, it could possibly cause an infection
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I went up a size when that happened. It seemed to work.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would wake up to change him if it were my son. I hate when he gets rashes and I wouldn't want him sitting in poop or pee so long that it's coming out the sides. A diaper only holds so much. I'd rather lose a few minutes of sleep to get up and change him than deal with a rash that's your fault later.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008