What are some good, healthy herbs to take?

I am already looking into flas seed but what else is there for energy, mood, cholesterol, metabolism etc...anything. Just as long as it's all natural.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Health

• Honestly, I would try to stay away from most bottled stuff....the most natural things don't come in pills! If you have a varied diet with lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains and fish 2 days a week, you'd be getting everything they sell in all the health stores only you'll absorb it better and it's a whole lot cheaper!
    Some foods that are particularly good are berries(high in antioxidants and proven to reduce the risk of cancer), green tea has a whole bunch of benefits, cinnamon(good for cholesterol), tomatoes, broccoli and garlic. Those are just the few that stick out in my head as really good for you.
    Anonymous

• LOL, sorry I didn't really answer your question....it's just that from what I've learned in school(I'm a nutrition major) it's so much better to get things in their natural form and people get ripped off by buying all that health stuff.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well I was actually looking in to natural things like that so you did help. I was looking up home grown flax seed and that's why I asked. So thanks. I know most pills and "herbs" are synthetic and don't absorb well so you did help because I didn't know that about some of the foods you listed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2008