Annoying

I am sitting here listening to two people who work for me complain about money and not being able to afford all their bills. Then in the next breath one of them starts talking about how he bought his wife an IMac and new digital camera for Mothers Day. No wonder you don't have money.

And before you say this is none of my business....it will quickly become so if they don't pay their bills. In the military their business is my business....just like my business it my boss's business.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:36 AM on May. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yeah, my ex-husband and I were in the military and lived on base and came across a ton of people who were like that. Annoying!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Let them know that if they don't want your opinion they should have their conversations more privately or at least quietly.
    artsygirl113

Answer by artsygirl113 at 9:45 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I have not yet given them my opinion. They will get it when they come tell me they can't pay a bill.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Yep, I have friends like that.. One is a military spouse who will tell me about how she just spent $800 on new stuff for the baby and in the next minute be talking about how she hates that her husband works 3 (OMG) jobs and they still have no money. I just want to smack the crap out of her and tell her to go back to her home country and get a job!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:46 AM on May. 6, 2011

• My DH works with a girl who just bought a car. She complains that she can't afford it even with 2 jobs. Well... her "2" jobs only get her 40hrs/wk because that's all she wants to work. Not to mention she calls off from one of them at least once a week. She has no kids and her bf pays the rent.
    Yes, it's annoying when people complain about stuff they are in a good position to control.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:48 AM on May. 6, 2011

• people who don't know how to track their money and be accountable for it, will always wonder how they will pay their bills and spend like crazy at the same time. there's a word for it: stupid.

i had a friend who was like this. she was always complaining and fretting over her bills, usually just utilities/rent (the necessary ones!), but in the same breath, talked about the newest video game system she bought her kid, or the new rims she's ordered for her car (which btw, was at least 10yrs old!). or, my favorite..she would pay a gas or water bill for her loser man, in lieu of paying her own!!! wth??? she'd get a cutoff notice..not the loser man. stupid.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:51 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I hear that all the time. My husband and I have friends who always complain about not having enough money/big enough house/new enough car, they just told us the other day they are expecting their 3rd, they were trying.

Answer by missanc at 9:55 AM on May. 6, 2011

• See it all the time. We have become a society of Wants verses Needs. When it should be the other way around.

People have it all wrong and I don't know what it is going to take to see a change. One would think that with the crash in the housing market and the job market that would have been a huge reality check. Not so much. It seems like if it didn't happen to them then it really didn't happen.

These individuals don't realize what they are teaching their children and their work ethic sucks.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 10:05 AM on May. 6, 2011

• It's all about what you value and what lifestyle you want to lead. I know people with $700/month car payments that are struggling, but it's important to them to have "new " cars. But to me, it's ridiculous. I would rather have a USED OLD UGLY car than pay every month, even if it were a $99/month payment! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:09 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I've done and said things like that. I can't pay the hospital bill but we have cell phone, cable, and internet connection. DUH.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:09 AM on May. 6, 2011